A Few Highlights of the 2021 OCFSC Pheasant Program
The 2021 OCFSC Pheasant Program produced one of the better total releases, with our overall success of approx. 88.5%. The 2021 program functioned completely on volunteer help, which was a large factor for the success! THANK YOU !
The 2022 program plans include a number of repair/upgrades for the building/grounds and changes from the DEC regarding all release sites to be added to an interactive DEC website.
DEC overview can be found at the end of the application.
The pheasant feed remains the largest ongoing costs of the program.
- Overall expenses are rising, the requested donation for 2022 will be $7.50 per bird.
- Request should be sent as soon as possible.
- To ensure the number of birds requested – A minimum of 50% of the total donation required will be due no later than June 1st – and the balance by Sept. 1st.
- The number of birds ordered for the 2022 program will be approximately 1,600’ birds.
- Please be sure your members are aware of the overall program details & issues – your feedback is essential in determining our future plans with pheasants.
The required 2022 three-part application form is available on the Federation this web site below. Or request a copy by mail or email from me.
A few highlights:
- Work days to get both pens operating is essential. An email address will ensure updates.
- OCFSC donated bird / support is available for youth, women, senior & disabled sportsmen – if you are planning such hunts, please provide details as soon as possible.
- Appreciate return of applications as soon as possible – questions or issues please contact me…phone or email.
- The number of fall release dates / schedule will be distributed in August.
Download the 2022 Pheasant Application
Pheasant Program Contact:
OCFS Board of Directors – Pheasant Coordinator
4755 Troop K Rd., Manlius, NY 13104