A Few Highlights of the 2020 OCFSC Pheasant Program
The 2020 OCFSC Pheasant Program produced one of the better total releases, with our overall success of approx.88.5%. We had a healthy crop (sunflower/corn/sorghum} producing some good size, strong, healthy birds. The 2020 program functioned completely on volunteer help, which was a large factor for the success! THANK YOU !
The 2021 program plans include a number of repair/upgrades for the building/grounds hope to see you there.
The Pheasant Program feed remains the largest ongoing costs. Overall expense are rising and accordingly the requested donation for 2021 will be $7.50 per bird.
- Orders should be sent as soon as possible.
- To ensure the number of birds requested – A minimum of 50% of the total donation required will be due no later than June 1st – and the balance by Sept. 1st.
- The number of birds ordered for the 2021 program will be approximately 1,850 unless there is strong club support additional birds.
- Please be sure your members are aware of the overall program details & issues – your feedback is essential in determining our future plans with pheasants.
The required 2021 three-part application form is available on the Federation web site below
or request a copy by mail or email from me.
A few highlights:
- Work days to get both pens operating is essential. An email address will ensure updates.
- OCFSC donated bird / support is available for youth, women, senior & disabled sportsmen – if you are planning to have such hunts, please provide the details as soon as possible.
- Appreciate return of applications as soon as possible – questions or issues please contact me…phone or email.
- The number of Fall release dates / schedule will be distributed in August.